The aim of the project is to raise awareness of residents and guests of the region about the historical heritage of the Carpathian region by perpetuating the memory of fallen soldiers of the First World War (Great War), regardless of their nationality and belonging to the warring parties.
- search and accounting of data on dead / buried soldiers and their burials in Transcarpathian, Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv regions;
- creating conditions for the preservation and study of historical memory;
- expanding opportunities for patriotic education of youth;
- transformation of World War I memorial sites from marginalized to revived.
• updating the accounting database of military cemeteries and soldiers
• cleaning of military cemeteries
• publication of a map with information about the memorial sites of the Great War in the Carpathian region of Ukraine
• production and installation of information tables near cemeteries
• replenishment of the website with an interactive map www.mp.if.ua
• presentation of project results
The project was implemented in 2019 within the Support Program of the Initiatives of Local Carpathian Communities, which is implemented by the Association "The Euroregion Carpathians - Ukraine".
NGO " Postupovyі hurt frankivtsiv" (Ivano-Frankivsk), NGO "Institute of the Development of the Carpathian Region" (Uzhhorod), NGO "Ukrainian Memorials" (Lviv).